Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So that's where they come from...

Isaac's fifth birthday is coming up in May, so when I was putting him to bed Sunday night, I asked him a few questions about what he wanted in terms of a party. Here's how it went down:

Me: So who do want to come to your party?
Isaac: Um...Ryan and Morgan. Kevin and Amelia. Ryan, Brian, Todd...
Me: What about your friends from school?
Isaac: No. I only want BIG people.
Me: But what about Connor?
Isaac: OK. Connor and Jaden and Dylan and Ben and Norah. They can come. But I want BIG friends to come. More of them.

(a few minutes later)

Me: So what do you want to do at your party?
Isaac: I want to go to the pizza factory
Me: The what?
Isaac: The pizza factory. Where they make pizzas.
Me: Oh.
Isaac: (pantomiming the action of tossing dough) I want to take the big white circle with my hands and squirrel (see: swirl) it around in circles and catch it with only one hand. Not two.
Me: What do you do with the circles again?
Isaac: Squirrel them. But I can catch it with one hand. Not two.
Me: Wow!!
Isaac: Yeah. (turning his head 90 degrees to his left, with a dead-pan expression) Because I'm good.

So it looks like we're gonna be squirreling circles at the pizza factory on May 5. I know I can't wait.

Currently blasting: Big Business-"Here Come the Waterworks"

1 comment:

  1. I love how adamant Isaac is about the way he pronounces certain words. No matter how many times we told him he was going to Grandma HAINES, he kept on calling her Grandma HANS. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dad,husband,Moby Dick enthusiast, music nerd, Chelsea FC fan, reader, coffee-needer, etc...