Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Little Carbon Knight

A few mornings ago, before I left for work, Isaac gave me two excellent Star Wars moments. For the first one, he and I were sitting in the kitchen where there sat a 4"X4"X12" Tupperware container. Isaac fiddled with it for a few moments before standing it up on one of it's 4"X4" ends. I asked him what it was supposed to be and he told me that it was Han Solo after he was frozen. That was pretty good, but the next one was even better.

I had gotten everything around for work and was making my way to the door, saying good-byes along the way, when I found Isaac on his back on the living room floor, sliding across said floor with his hands at chest level like he was getting ready to catch a basketball or do a push up.

Me: Isaac, what are you doing?
Issac (sliding on his back with hands frozen in same position): I'm Han Solo. I'm frozen.
Me: Oh. I see.
Isaac: Boba Fett is taking me to his ship. Then I'm going to Jabba's palace.

My heart swelled with pride as my little smuggler was carried away. I guess he worked out a deal with Jabba, because when I returned home that evening, Isaac was there; carbonite-free.

1 comment:

  1. What thrills me the most about his fascination with Star Wars is that he puts more emphasis on the original trilogy than the prequel trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dad,husband,Moby Dick enthusiast, music nerd, Chelsea FC fan, reader, coffee-needer, etc...