Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lost in Translation

I'm not entirely certain what started all of this, but a week or so ago, while sitting at the dinner table, Isaac began talking about speaking Chinese and whether or not Brenda and/or I spoke Chinese. This went on for a little while before I finally asked Isaac if he spoke Chinese. After taking a moment to consider the question, he stuck out the pointer finger of his left hand and, with a nod, said, "England."

Brenda and I did everything in our collective power to not laugh uncontrollably. The earnestness of his reply was as fantastic as what he said. Twenty minutes later, I asked him the same question, only to be answered with "Englaaaaaand" as if to say "We've already gone over thiiiiiiiissss." Madness nearly ensued, but luckily, Brenda and I got everything under control.

Since this episode, Isaac has not wavered in his stance on whether or not he is familiar with the Chinese language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dad,husband,Moby Dick enthusiast, music nerd, Chelsea FC fan, reader, coffee-needer, etc...