Saturday, May 22, 2010

At The Movies


Very recently, Isaac and I have found ourselves watching movies together. It's nice when he actually sits down long enough for something like that.

This first one was from a few weeks ago while we were playing with the Moon Sand that her had acquired at his 5 year birthday party. My attention would have been all Isaac's if it wasn't for the relentless action-packed thrill-ride that is "Top Gun." I turned the TV on close to the end when Maverick and Co. were in the midst of a pretty intense dogfight. The pilots were going back and forth screaming various things. At one point, Slider (Iceman's wingman) yelled "Strike Four!" But that's not what Isaac heard.

Isaac: Why did he say "Slap Whore!"?
Me: He didn't...and please never say that again.

I'm certain that he didn't know what he was even saying. Regardless, I don't want his preschool teachers to think that his father is a pimp.

This afternoon saw Isaac breaking off two gems. Off and on, we watched the original Star Wars trilogy, starting with "Episode IV: A New Hope." When the Mos Eisley Spaceport scene with Han Solo and Greedo came up, Isaac made me a proud parent.

Isaac: Is Han gonna shoot first?
Me (beaming): Most likely.

And finally, during the scene at Jabba's palace during the opening 20 minutes of "Episode VI: Return of the (Muthafuckin') Jedi," Isaac asked "Does Jabba speak Korean?"

I said no, but in fairness, I'm basing that on rumors.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuhhh...I think Slider does say "slap whore" - he is in the Navy after all... Sounds like Isaac is ready for Tarantino's take on Top Gun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyN8VN4BSzM

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first

    It's ludicrous, really. I can understand Lucas' reasoning, but the way he carried it out is completely idiotic. Oh, well... there are much worse things.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dad,husband,Moby Dick enthusiast, music nerd, Chelsea FC fan, reader, coffee-needer, etc...