Sunday, April 11, 2010

Botanical Tacos for Burglars

Here are just some of the highlights from the past week:

Yesterday while walking home from the park. Isaac was on my shoulders.

(In a whisper): "Dad...I love you more than tacos."

From a few days ago. Isaac told me that he had a secret to tell me, so I hunkered down to his level and he said:

"Dad...I love you more than plants."

From earlier this week. I was starving to death and my stomach was beginning to hurt.

Isaac: Why does your stomach hurt?
Me: I'm just really hungry.
Isaac: I will hug your stomach for you so it feels better.
Me: Thanks, buddy.
Isaac: Maybe burglars did it.
Me: What?
Isaac: Maybe a burglar sneaked into the house with a mask and cash and punched your belly while you were sleeping.
Me: Um, maybe.

I couldn't figure out what kind of sadistic burglar would stop at our house on his way home from a big heist just to punch me in the stomach and leave. It couldn't have been a very hard punch seeing as though I never woke up. Then again, maybe Isaac was trying to threaten me in a very subtle manner. Kind of like, "Hey, I'm gonna hire a money hungry dude to come beat you if you don't make with the money, and fast." I guess I'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dad,husband,Moby Dick enthusiast, music nerd, Chelsea FC fan, reader, coffee-needer, etc...